.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the shadows of lilac

sub-concious flow of your stream of thoughts by a creative spirit

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I am all you ever wanted in a friend.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Plan

I know I'm bad at keeping up with all my blogs. These few words are mostly for my own amusement but lately I've been working on very uplifting creative projects and it has inspired me to keep up with reading and writing on my own time much more frequently. Thusly, I decided to make a year long list of 12 books to read. One per month, should be fun. I would love if my boyfriend would read them along with me, but some he might opt out of. I even want to push myself to read other things and novels besides what is on my list. I started this month, even thought the month is halfway over. I created the list by thinking of literature that is considered 'classic' or 'must-read' and which ones I haven't read, and should. So this is my plan:
March: Slaughterhouse 5
April: Frankenstein
May: The Hobbit
June:The Great Gatsby
July: Great Expectations
August:1984
September:Othello
October: The Epic of Gilgamesh
November: The Iliad (re-reading.)
December: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
January: Leaves of Grass
February: Heart of Darkness

In this fashion, I intend to keep my notes of what I'm reading on my blogs and keep myself interested by making more lists, once I'm halfway through. Any suggestions for the next year?
Any comments on the books I'm about to read?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home